Courses available : BA Graduation for 3 years and 4 years (NEP)
History, Kannada Optional
History, English Optional
History, Political Science
BA degree- 6 semesters -3 years-Credit Based Syllabus
Students should have passed 10+2 from the recognized Board on any stream.
BA degree- NEP-8semesters- 4 years- National Educational Policy Syllabus
Students should have passed 10+2 from the recognized Board and any stream.
UNDERSTANDING THE PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
The department of History is one of the oldest department in our Institution. It started functioning from the academic year 1968-69. Connecting the past with the present is one of the most fascinating aspects of history. History course covers more than 2000 years of human experiences. We seek to impart rigorous training in the methods and theoretical approaches in history from the undergraduate level and encourage students to think and write creatively. Our aim is to make studying the past more enjoyable through creative engagements and interactions.
The faculty plays an active role in assisting students to take up research.
The faculty encourage students to take as comprehensive a view of history as possible, with the goal of cultivating a far reaching understanding of the past. Throughout their enrollment students develop the necessary skills to conduct discipline defining research.
DEDICATED LECTURERS WHO ARE SERVED IN THE DEPARTMENT
The department places on record with gratitude the services of the following faculty members who served and they left the department on retirement or otherwise.
Prof. Ganapathy C K
15-07-1971 To 14-06-1989
Prof. Bose A K
4-08- 1973 To10-08-1988
15-06-1989 To 31-05-2004
Prof. Geetha P C
1978 To 2016
Smt. Cauvery M.P.
2013 to 2016
To nurture and to cultivate quality of human resources.
The mission of the Department is to promote appreciation, understanding, and respect for the history of the United States and all nations.
- To encourage to excel in academics by providing infrastructural and moral ambience.
- Students are helped to make decisions based on their knowledge of past historical events.
- To preserve and promote uniqueness and novelty of regional language, regional, history, folklore, tradition and customs.
- To impart quality education to meet national and global challenges.
- To mould them into Patriotic citizens.
FACILITIES AND TEACHING AIDS
- Separate department Staff Room.
- Well equipped Classrooms.
- C.D. installed classroom.
- Department Library.
- Free access to Wi-Fi Connection.
- Qualified faculties
- To create awareness about historiography
- To develop passion for learning about the past.
- To highlight the utility of the subject in the present scenario.
- To familiarize historical and Cultural heritage of the World.
- Students of history will be able to critique and participate in historical debate
After completion of Bachelor of Arts they gather knowledge about the socio-cultural heritage of India and the world .
Careers option : As Educators, Archivists, Producers of Multimedia material ,as a Researchers in Historic Sites and Museums, Historical Organizations, Cultural Resources Management and Historic Preservation etc.
History helps them in knowing pre-history, their culture, their religions, and their social structure and transforms them into responsible citizens for a better future.
Students Learning Outcome :
Students demonstrate how Political, Economic and Social Structure affect Historical change.
Students acquire Research , communication and organizational skills.
Students learn to organize and express thoughts clearly and coherently both in orally and written.
Students recognize and appreciate the diversity of human experiences and how they change over time.
Creative Writer and Editor
Placement details :
Mr. Harshavardhan- 9902359565-campus drive- selected for Infosys
2018-19 Students selected for Advait Hundai
Mr. Muthappa- 9448182817
Mr. Lokesh HM- 7022504460
Mr. Aiyappa- 9844303723
2020-2021 Selected for Infosys