B.Com Honors – 8 Semesters (4 years)
B.Com – 6 Semesters (3years)
NEP 2020, has integrated problem based learning into curriculum for better understanding of various concepts in business and commerce.
Name of the program
12th pass with minimum 45% marks in Commerce, Arts or Science.
Fees concession to meritorious students above 95%.
Special provision to SC, ST students.
Department of Commerce
The department of commerce started its function in this institution from the academic year 1968-1969. It was established with the intention of providing education in the stream of commerce to uplift rural students. Most of the students completed their B.com, pursued higher education and holds various positions in public and private sectors.
This course is designed by the University of Mangalore to impart knowledge and skill to the students in the field of commerce.
B.Com imparts education on business, taxation, accounting, marketing and related subjects. It is beneficial for the candidates to seek career in the field of commerce.
“Inculcating the spirit of true entrepreneurship”.
- Make the students learn with a professional bent of mind so that they become Accountants, Auditors, Tax consultants etc. in future.
- Instill them with confidence to face the competitive world and emerge successfully.
- Expose and make them consciously aware of changes taking place in the global economy.
- Make them assets to the nation and not the liabilities, by being good and doing good.
- To ensure academic excellence through motivating the students in providing them providing required technical guidance and to facilitate creative thinking.
- To provide conceptual knowledge and application skills in the domain of studies.
- To develop professional competence in students to face global competition.
- To develop entrepreneurship and managerial skills in students to enable them to establish and manage their businesses effectively.
- To pursue investigation and research in the field of commerce.
- Transforming innovative ideas into commercial products of societal needs.
- Class seminars, PPT presentations and case analysis.
- Teaching and learning process through ICT.
- Practical exposure through organizing industrial visit and educational trips.
- Visit by guest lectures and eminent personalities.
- Remedial classes for slow learners.
- To organize commerce fest to insist the students to develop teamwork, decision making and leadership ability.
- To organize programs through entrepreneurship cell to have practical knowledge of start up and enable the students to manage their business establishments.
- Providing career guidance to help the students to choose the right career path based on their education find professional choices.
- Facilitate job placement to students.
- COURSE CURRICULUM
- Cost and management accounting business statistics
- Principles of marketing Application and practices of management
- Financial accounting Law and practices of banking
- Business mathematics
- Digital fluency
- Artificial intelligence
- Financial management and investor’s education
- Corporate accounting
- Business law
- Indian corporate law
- Business tax
- GST and customs duty
- Financial management
- Corporate accounting
- Rovers and Rangers
- Red Cross
- Health and Wellness
- Extracurricular activities
After completion of B.Com students will gain practical and theoretical knowledge in fundamentals of commerce and finance which enables the students to work in industry, banking sector, insurance company, finance company to excel in their profession.
They will be eligible to get professional courses in CA, CS, ICWA and also students will be qualified to appear in any competitive exams based on their graduation.
They can manage and run their own business through entrepreneurship skill and face modern day challenges in business also this course help students to know their strengths, weakness, opportunities and challenges.
CMA Banking sector
Finance Company Insurance company
Auditing Sales and marketing
Tax advisory services Government services
- Entrepreneurship cell
- Department library
- Class room with projector
- Medicinal garden
Students of commerce are placed in various reputed companies and financial institutions.
- Visionary programme by CEDAT: Introduction to entrepreneurship programme was held on 24th November 2021, to impart employability skills in students.
- One day Camp was held at Thithimathi Haadi by B.com final year students to create awareness about cleanliness on 23rd Feb 2022.This inculcated the social responsibility.
- Campus drive was held at various PU Colleges in the district on 24th Feb 2022.
- Department Library: Introduction to students about department library which has rare collection of books on commerce and management which provides extra reading material.
- Product launch activity
- To enhance marketing skills, presentation skills in students.
- Industrial Visit to BHMEL.
- Practice of PPT Presentation
- Entrepreneurship Cell Inauguration
- SwaUdhyogam :Entrepreneurship Cell was inaugurated by Dr. Archana Muthanna Founder of Nu urishelite Diversitys LLP on 25 Feb 2022 .She gave information about various funds and schemes of government that help rural start ups .Talk on Modern Traditional marketing by Mr.Ajay lecturer in Dept of BBA , on 25th Feb 2022 as inter departmental activity.
- Talk on Scams of Nirav Modi by A.P Raja retired General manager State Bank of Travancore on 7th March 2022, to create awareness about the scam.
- Environmental Day Celebration on 6 June 2022
- Medical planted was planted by Mr Saju George,Principal Scientist and Head KVK Gonikoppal and students to create awareness about environment.
- Winners at National fest held at Alva’s College:
- Students are sent to various National and State level fest Arena to hone their talents.
- Insurance investment in Exide by Prasanna R, Manager at Exide ,Nysore. was held on 20th March 20222 to inculcate the habit of savings among investors.
Guest lecture by eminent personalities
Industrial visit through entrepreneurship cell to Sahyadri College of Engineering
One day state level fest “UTTAM 2020” was organised by IQAC, Department of B.Com and BBA on 10/01/2020.